- To get on our mailing list and receive information about the school, request an information packet by filling out this inquiry form. Or, you may contact Mrs. Carolyn Powell by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 617.477.6317.
- After you submit an inquiry form, we will send you an admission information packet which includes a catalogue, a view book, a standardized test brochure, and financial aid application instructions. You will also receive an email detailing the steps you need to take to access our online application. You will be required to create an account with Ravenna, our online application provider. You do not have to complete your Parent and Applicant Questionnaires in one session. You may return to them as often as you would like until you are ready to submit them.
- Submit the Parent and Applicant Questionnaires by January 6, 2020, preferably during the fall.
- Late applications may be reviewed, but the likelihood of admission is reduced.
- If you would like to receive a paper application, please contact the Admission Office.
- There is no application fee.
- Applicants for grades 7 and 8 are required to take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) or the City of Boston Examination Schools Entrance Exam. The Roxbury Latin School code is 220345. You may register for the test here.
- Applicants for grade 9 or above are required to take the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test). The Roxbury Latin School code is 6178. You may register for the test here. If you are a City of Boston resident, we will accept the City of Boston Examination Schools Entrance Exam (BPS ISEE) in place of the SSAT test. The Roxbury Latin School code for the ISEE is 220345.
Tour and Interview
- All applicants are required to visit the school for a tour and interview.
- Mrs. Powell will call to schedule your visit after the Parent and Applicant Questionnaires are submitted. Interviews begin the first week of November.
- A student Tour Guide will give you a tour during an academic day.
- An Admission Committee member will interview the applicant and his parents separately.
- There is a short aptitude test for the applicant.
- Your entire visit is expected to last no more than two hours.
- The financial aid application and tax documents are due on February 15, 2020. Please refer to the
- Tuition and Financial Aid section, if you are applying for aid.
Decisions and Notifications
- All admission decisions will be published on www.ravenna-hub.com at 3 p.m. EST on March 10.
- Contracts must be returned by April 10.