The School's 117-acre campus includes eight athletic fields (including 3 baseball diamonds), 12 tennis courts, hockey rink, and a challenging cross country course.

Campus Buildings

List of 12 items.

  • A • Smith Arts Center

    The Robert P. and Salua J.A. Smith Arts Center houses the arts program and includes the 300-seat Smith Theater, a well-appointed facility with unobstructed sight lines, fly and trap capabilities, an orchestra pit, and excellent acoustics. The building contains an art studio and classroom space with a variety of media, including rehearsal space for jazz band and chamber music ensembles. The building's benefactor, Robert P. Smith, is a member of the Class of 1958.
  • B • Bauer Science Center

    The Charles T. Bauer Science Center, named for its benefactor of the Class of 1938, features state-of-the-art laboratory/classrooms with attendant mini-labs, preparation rooms, storage facilities, and offices. It also includes a 60-seat lecture hall.
  • C • Jarvis Refectory

    The Jarvis Refectory was made possible by a gift of Charles T. Bauer '38 in honor of retired Headmaster F. Washington Jarvis. On the second floor of the adjoining building are classics department classrooms. The third floor is home to the Alumni and Development Office.
  • D • Ernst Wing

  • E • Rousmaniere Hall

    Rousmaniere Hall is the central space for all-school gatherings, called halls, which often feature a guest speaker or musical performance. Major religious holidays and national occasions are commemorated in Rousmaniere Hall, as are many traditional RL academic events, such as Founder's Day, Cum Laude Society Investiture, and Exelauno Day.
  • F • Perry Building

    The two wings of the L-shaped Perry Building—the original 1927 schoolhouse—contain a number of classrooms, study areas, echnology center, faculty offices, and the Headmaster's Office.
  • G • Admission Office

  • H • Great Hall

    A continuation of one wing of the Perry Building, the Mary Rousmaniere Gordon Wing contains the Great Hall (a reception and exhibition room) on the 3rd floor, the library (main floor), and the Evans Choral Room on the lower floor.
  • I • McNay Palaistra

    The McNay Palaistra, named in honor of outstanding wrestlers and McNay brothers Stuart ’00 and Andrew ’02, thanks to the benefaction of the McNay family, houses the School's vibrant wrestling program.
  • J • The Bernstein Tea Room

    The Bernstein Tea Room, named for benefactor and former trustee Stanley J. Bernstein of the Class of 1961, provides a spacious hall for athletic teas and formal School receptions. It is adjacent to the Gordon Field House.
  • K • Gordon Field House

    The Albert H. Gordon Field House accomodates four basketball teams and seats up to 500 spectators. The facility, named for benefactor and trustee Al Gordon of the Class of 1919, also serves as a venue for larger School functions.
  • L • Athletic Facility & Hennessy Rink

    Completed in time for the 2016-17 winter season, the Indoor Athletic Facility (IAF) houses the Hennessy Rink (named for benefactor Jack Hennessy ’54), which converts to turf for year-round use. The IAF also includes a fitness center, locker facilities and conference room.